Are you looking for a friendly office where you'll feel like part of a big family? Good timing! Our litigation team needs an assistant to complete its team.
The daily life of the assistant:
- Drafting and editing of correspondence and draft legal proceedings;
- Management of file follow-ups;
- Time entry in the accounting software;
- Managing the office's agendas and ensuring compliance with deadlines.
- Coordination with external stakeholders (bailiffs, tracing service, courthouses, etc.);
- Management of paper and electronic files;
- Assistance to lawyers prior to the investigation of disputes (preparation of books of proceedings, documents, authorities, etc.);
- Opening and closing clients' paper and electronic files;
- Conducting searches on RDPRM, land register, Registraire des entreprises, docket information and other resources, as required;
- Perform any other related tasks as required.
You have the following knowledge (or almost!)
- Degree in legal techniques, legal secretarial work or equivalent training;
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position;
- Knowledge and understanding of civil procedure;
- Mastery of the Microsoft suite, in particular Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Bilingualism French/English;
- Knowledge of Master software (an asset);
- Demonstrate rigor and attention to detail;
- Sense of responsibility and organization;
- Ability to manage several files at once and good priority management;
- Team spirit and initiative.
Competitive Wages and Conditions of Employment: what everyone may be offering you
Competitive salary, 3 weeks vacation, 6 sick days, group insurance, EAP, group RRSP, partial reimbursement of the Opus card and subscription to sports activities.
Social life: At LJT, this is what sets us apart.
Our organized activities! At LJT we also like to have a good time with our colleagues, either during our weekly 5@7 or during our regularly organized activities.
You will also have the opportunity to attend our monthly trainings and conferences.
For lovers of coffee, tea, herbal tea, hot chocolate and more, we have everything you need, in addition to fruit and healthy snacks!
Because each member of the LJT team redefines what a law firm is and we like to go beyond the typical established framework. We put our people at the heart of our decisions and the well-being of our employees remains a priority. Our goal is to be as proud of the evolution of our members as we are of the growth of our firm. We encourage boldness, passion and imagination, and have succeeded in establishing and maintaining a friendly work environment based on equality and camaraderie while promoting excellence and surpassing oneself. LJT is a multidisciplinary firm on a human scale and puts everything in place to maximize the sense of belonging and fulfillment of each member of its team while promoting collaborative work between its different fields of expertise.
You want to be part of a great team, send your resume at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.