LJT Lawyers is currently seeking a mid-level lawyer (3-5 years) to fill a position in its technology law team in Montreal.
The candidate will meet the legal needs of the firm's clients in the information technology sector.
Experience and qualifications:
- To be allowed to practice law in Quebec.
- Have 3 to 5 years of experience, preferably in a law firm, including 1 to 2 years of experience in a legal function related to the field of information technology and video games.
- Have a direct experience in licensing, intellectual property, publishing, e-commerce, commercial agreement and corporate affairs, drafting complex commercial agreements and related negotiations.
- Have a solid academic background, major technical knowledge and / or experience in the field of intellectual property
- Demonstrate a good presentation and negotiation skills - have influence and persuasion when making decisions.
- Know the business community - be able to provide legal advice depending on the business environment.
- Ability to work independently within a team
- Understand current IT issues and be aware of new developments, particularly in the area of licensing and e-commerce.
- Ability to write clear and professional correspondence and contract documents, as required, within agreed deadlines.
- Have an excellent sense of organization - be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Have an excellent communication skills
- Being bilingual (both oral and written) - fluency in English is greatly preferable.
We invite you to send your resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We assure you that each application will be treated confidentially. Only candidates with the required profile will be contacted for an interview.