LJT LAWYERS and its team of specialists in co-ownership law are proud to have contributed to the preparation of the guide "How to Organize a Special Transitionnal General Meeting" published by SOS PLAN DE GARANTIE RÉSIDENTIELLE.
This guide is intended for purchasers of private portions in a new building held in divided co-ownership, and deals with frequent questions from co-owners of such buildings relating to the transition from the promoter's provisional administration to that of the first board of directors elected by the general meeting of co-owners, such as :
- What is a special transitional general meeting?
- What is the purpose of this meeting?
- What are the steps involved in the creation of the syndicate of co-owners?
- What documents must be given to the syndicate of co-owners?
- What are the rights and obligations of the syndicate of co-owners and the developer?
This guide can be freely downloaded from the organization's website: https://sosplandegarantie.ca/guide-de-l-AGET (available in French only)
Launched in 2020, the "Service officiel de soutien (SOS) Plan de garantie résidentielle" is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to inform buyers-beneficiaries of new homes about the Warranty Plan and to accompany them in their various steps, with the financial support of the Régie du Bâtiment du Québec (RBQ).