- Québec Bar
- Université de Sherbrooke (M.Fisc.)
- Université de Sherbrooke (LL.B.)
- Registered Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP) from the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (London, UK), 2004
- Financial Planner (Pl. Fin.), 1999
- Association du Barreau Canadien
- Institut québécois de planification financière (IQPF)
- APFF - Association de planification fiscale et financière
- Canafian Tax Foundation
- Association des diplômés en droit de l'Université de Sherbrooke
+1-514-842-8891 extension 8155
Robert Thiffault, LJT Lawyers's managing partner, practices business law, primarily with Québec professionals (pharmacists, surgeons, etc.), entrepreneurs and emerging businesses (in the industrial and high technology sectors). This entrepreneurial expertise means he can support his clients throughout their business careers on both a personal level (wills, family trusts, matrimonial and taxation matters) and a corporate one (franchise law, corporate taxation, executive profit-sharing, asset protection, purchase/sale, mergers and private financing).
A regular speaker at conferences, he has addressed the association of Jean Coutu owners of Québec many times and given speeches for the Barreau du Québec’s continuing education program. He has also been a guest speaker at the Université du Québec à Montréal, in both its undergraduate and graduate programs. He has been a contributor to the Flash fiscal published twice a month by the Association de planification fiscale et financière (APFF) and a member of the budget analysis committee for the benefit of the APFF members when the Québec finance minister tables the budget. He has also been a member of the Investment Dealers Association of Canada’s taxation committee reviewing the Québec finance minister’s budget proposals.
He has lectured in the Université du Québec à Montréal’s MBA program for business financing executives and for the APFF. He has also acted as a consultant-expert in taxation for the Jeune Barreau du Québec’s lawyer support program.