- Québec Bar, 2000
- Laval University (LL.B.), 1998
- University of Toronto (LL.M. Intellectual Property), 2004
- Québec Bar
- Regroupement des praticiens du droit des marques de commerce
- Canadian Bar Association
Briana Di Iorio
+1-514-842-8891 extension 8229
A partner of the firm, Cindy Bélanger practices in intellectual property law and in advertising and marketing.
A trademark agent, she develops strategies for trademark filings in Canada and abroad and adapts them to her clients’ objectives. She advises them on matters relating to trademark adoption and registration, trademark licences, copyright and domain name. She also works in litigation cases involving trademarks and copyright.
She also specializes in advertising and marketing law and in consumer law. She assists and advises manufacturers, retailers and advertisers on advertising, including advertising directed at children, consumer protection, competition law and the Charter of the French Language. She also advises businesses on the grey areas of advertising contests and promotional campaigns in both the traditional and the social media.
She has a master’s in intellectual property law from the University of Toronto. Before joining LJT Lawyers, she practiced for 10 years in a national firm.
Nomination by Best Lawyers Canada for:
- Lawyer of the Year, Advertising and Marketing Law, Montréal (2021)
- Lawyer of the Year; Administration and public Law, Montréal (2015, 2018)